Friday, June 3, 2011

Sliding Doors


Sometimes, just for fun, I watch movies that I really liked in the past. When I do this, I am often distracted by my iPhone and the interwebs. But the parts I did catch reminded me again how much I LOVE this movie. I am a big Gwyneth Paltrow fan these days(she rocked it on Glee) and I have a lot of her movies in my Netflix queue.

Anyway, the whole premise of this film is that maybe one small insignificant decision or incident can shape our whole life. In the movie, for Paltrow's character, missing or catching a tube train makes all the difference in her life. The story follows both stories. The story of catching the train makes Paltrow's character catch her boyfriend being unfaithful while also meeting a very nice man. In the scenario where she misses the train, her life spirals into a horrible scene where she is working two jobs and supporting the cheating scum.

I love how this movie makes me think about life and how maybe the little stuff does actually matter.

I give it four tube tickets. Watch it! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment