Sunday, December 12, 2010

When In Rome



Photo courtesy of Netflix

I avoided this movie in the theatres and I have no clue why because I loved it. Josh Duhamel is nice too, and I have never seen him in anything. Kristen Bell is a good actress too, and I have never seen her. I guess I may just have to watch more movies with these actors in them.

Anyway, the story is about a woman who is very into her job. So into it, that she often puts it above relationships. When her sister shows up engaged after dating somebody for two weeks, she thinks she is crazy because she doesn't have faith in love but is supportive nonetheless. She travels to Rome for the wedding and falls for Duhamel's character but gives up when she sees him with another woman. In her desperation, she mocks a fountain that is said to have magical powers. Many people throw coins into the fountain in hopes that they will find true love. Legend is that if your coin is picked up, you will fall in love with whoever picked up your coin. Bell's character mockingly picks up five and when she returns to New York, five men are after her, including Duhamel's character.

I won't give any other details but this is a fantastically fun little romantic comedy flick. Check it out. It gets a golden coin that was fished out of a Roman fountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment