Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear John

Photo found at Netflix

A very good reason to watch this movie is for Channing Tatum. He is yummy. Why am I using yummy these days? Anyway, he is cute and makes me like to watch his movies.

Another reason you should watch this movie is because it is cute. Not in the gag me with spoon way, but in the heart touching way.

This is about a soldier who falls in love while on leave. They couple stays in touch via letters after he re-enlists after the 9/11 attacks. (Can you believe it will be ten years this September?) Is their love enough to last while he is away and can't call or come home? I won't give away too much but it did make me a little weepy at the end. And not in a bad way.

Some people hate movies based on Nicolas Sparks' novels. I am not one of these people. I loved the Notebook and while this movie is not at that movie's amazingly wonderful level, it ranks up there. If you are up for a heart warming and wrenching story, this movie is a good one to see. I give it a purple heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment