Sunday, August 16, 2009

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian


Photo found at: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/night_at_the_museum_2_escape_from_the_smithsonian/

If you are looking for a very serious, live changing movie, this one is not for you. If you are looking for a fun and adventurous movie, this is your movie.

Many people want to automatically compare this movie to the first Night at the Museum. I sometimes have a hard time with this because I compartmentalize movies and judge them solely on an individual basis. If I were to compare though, it was almost as good as the first one. I guess sequels are usually not quite as good as the first, so it is normal.

The whole idea around the movie is that the characters of the Museum of Natural History(in New York City), that come to life at night, have been moved to storage in lieu of more hip exhibits. It is Ben Stiller's character's(Larry Daley) job to go and save them because they get into a little trouble with other retired exhibits in the storage at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.

Larry teams up with Amelia Earhart played by Amy Adams in order to save the characters. Again, Adams does an amazing job and her Earhart is so believable. Have I mentioned that Amy Adams is brilliant? Stiller is also good. He certainly plays an amazing comical role and his timing is great. I thoroughly enjoyed their adventures to save the museum.

I would recommend this movie highly if you need a break and don't want to be too emotionally taxed by a movie. It is a perfectly adventurous comedy.

1 comment:

  1. I love the reviews! It makes me want to go to the movies (only we don't go to the movies because it's super expensive)! I wish we lived in, like, the same state so we could go to the dollar theater! :-)

    ReplyDelete