Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Soloist


Photo found at: http://images.redbox.com/Images/Full/TheSoloist_2603.jpg

This was a very enjoyable movie. Maybe that is because secretly I want to be a journalist and this is all about a journalist. The movies basic synopsis is an LA Times writer finds a homeless man playing the violin on the streets. And this playing isn't just screeching, it is amazing playing. The journalist eventually finds out that the homeless man was once a Julliard student but had left due to mental illness. Basically, the journalist tries to save the man by finding him opportunities to do music again.

I really like Robert Downey Jr. in this movie and have recently become a fan of his because of Ironman. My favorite scene of Mr. Downey's was when he got teary eyed. There is just something about his brown eyes and tears. Jamie Fox did an amazing job playing a homeless man with mental illness. He was very personable and believable. I also enjoyed his wardrobe in the movie. It was fantastic.

It is nice to watch lots of movies. I guess this is the only good thing about my little illness so far. It is day two of missing work. I hate missing work when I think I shouldn't be. When I take personal days, it is so different.

Anyway, I would totally recommend this movie the next time you get to the Redbox!

1 comment:

  1. ooh, i really want to see that one. I too, like Robert Downey Jr because of his performance in Ironman. He has such a good, dry sense of humor, it's great!

    ReplyDelete